Brief Update in the last 30 days
Timothy Iwagami Takahito - Japan
- The case in Japan is getting better. The soft lockdown has finished at the end of May 2020, and has been starting the new normal life with social distancing.
- 20-30 new cases/day, but the Government states that it is under control.
- Business are already opened, as well as some public areas (restaurants, museums, etc).
- Japanese churches started gathering for worship/prayer meeting in June in limited way but still by asking limited people to come.
- Please pray due to natural disaster during COVID-19 situation this coming summer with rainy season, many typhoons to come, earthquakes.
- Encouraged evangelical churches in the country to pray in unity for Japan.
- Theological Committee doing research to provide encouragement to churches, pastors, and believers.
- Relief Committee conducting survey on financial impact to local churches.
From now until end of June:
- Theological Committee will produce a booklet “COVID-19 and Japanese Church” in June.
- Relief Committee will plan for financial help to local churches and pastors.
- Churches to stand firm in strong faith.
- God’s protection over Japan and Asian countries affected by the pandemic.
- Christian community that is going through a challenging situation as never before (scheduled events and conferences in Feb-Jun are cancelled, Sunday services go online).
- God’s protection for all staff and people from COVID-19 infection.