Brief Update in the last 30 days
John Yates - Australia
- No updates simply due to very different situation, very large economic implications but very minor health implications.
- Please pray for big change that people will stay online.
Samnang Tep - Cambodia
- The situation is quite good situation, with 126 cases only mostly from overseas rather than form Cambodian.
- School and religious activities are closed (only small meeting less than 10 people). Children has challenges in studying online.
- Economic impacted.
- Please pray especially for children & churches.
Vijayesh Lal – India
- COVID-19: 5th in the world with more than 10,000 cases/day, 11,000 cases yesterday. Not exploded in India, the peak will be probably by the end of July 2020.
- Worst problem: failed lockdown. Huge loss to the economic. The government tends to “wash their hands” regarding responsibility to the state government.
Timothy Iwagami Takahito - Japan
- The case in Japan is getting better. The soft lockdown has finished at the end of May 2020, and has been starting the new normal life with social distancing
- 20-30 new cases/day, but the Government states that it is under control.
- Business are already opened, as well as some public areas (restaurants, museums, etc).
- Japanese churches started gathering for worship/prayer meeting in June in limited way but still by asking limited people to come.
- Please pray due to natural disaster during COVID-19 situation this coming summer with rainy season, many typhoons to come, earthquakes.
Joseph Lee - Korea
- Situation has been improved with distancing in daily life.
- Still waiting whether the educational facilities, sport facilities, are allowed to be opened step by step.
- School: combine between offline & online classes.
- Rate of infection of COVID-19 is increasing and getting worse again
- There are some different thoughts/ pros-cos among pastors regarding online service. Also there is struggle on how to do online service. Please pray for this.
Sher AC - Nepal
- Situation due COVID-19 is getting worse, it’s 78th day of lockdown with number of infected people is 3,762 and 14 people died, and thousands of migrant workers are coming from different countries.
- Big challenge for the government to manage the situation both in health and economic crisis.
Shabhaz Masih Boota - Pakistan
- Situation due to COVID-19 is becoming worse, Pakistan is becoming one of the riskiest places in term of corona virus with hundred thousand cases. More than 2,000 people died.
- Situation of lockdown is slightly opening (many stores & institutions are being opened).
- Very sad that so many people are not following the precaution set by the government and still think that corona virus is just a myth, including some of Christian people as well.
Ezekiel Tan – Singapore
- Singapore has moved from full lockdown to some relaxation in phase 1 of three phases. Church service in general is still not allowed.
- Migrant ministry in partnership with Alliance of Guest Workers Outreach providing food, supplies and other humanitarian's aid to up to ten of thousands of workers daily.
- Providing training via digital platform in partnership with The Bible Society of Singapore.
- Outreach in partnership with TSPM/CCC